It has been more than a month since I have written here. No excuse other than lack of internet during the evenings! It’s amazing how dependent we can become on something as simple as internet access!
Random thoughts from the past month:
1. Moving 30 years of belongings from a 3500 square foot home is daunting. Little did we realize how many Uhaul trucks and how many days it would actually take. But it is done!
2. Moving back to an area you have lived before has its pros and cons. Not sure which outweigh which yet!
3. Living a few blocks from the Gulf of Mexico is a plus. Almost daily walks on beautiful beaches with my bride of 30 years is a huge plus. The opportunity to take hundreds of photographs is nice. Sunsets, birds, water, boats, moon rise, etc.
4. Having full-time employment for the first time in almost two years is nice. Missed the interaction. Grateful for the opportunity and enjoy the faith my employer has in me. Having group health insurance is awesome! I welcome the opportunity to pay for Cyndi’s simply because it’s group and there are no pre-existing conditions!
5. Driving through an U.S. Air Force base each day is daunting. Having F-22 fighter jets fly over as they prepare to land can be both exciting and kinda scary.
6. Despite what some people would have you believe, there are thousands of people who are unemployed that would like to work. I see people every day that would rather have a paycheck than receive any type of public assistance – whether that is unemployment compensation, food stamps, social security disability, etc. – they want a job. Problem – there are not enough jobs for them to have in today’s economy.
7. I get the opportunity to serve beside some of the best people. Each Sunday I’m amazed at the dedication and genuine concern for others these people display. City Church Tallahassee.
8. Catalyst 2012 will take place in three days and Cyndi and I won’t have the opportunity to be in Atlanta for it this year. Catalyst 2010 was one of the most amazing experiences we’ve had and was certainly a defining point in our spiritual journey. Not the event itself, but the opportunity we took advantage of while there.
9. My wife is amazing! She is my number one supporter and fan. 30 years ago I married so far out of my class! Thankful for who she is, what she stands for and what she is willing to do to make our lives better together!