A few random thoughts as Friday nears: (edited post – previous title was way too long!)
We have some great friends! I won’t go into detail but we love the support friends provide us – both emotionally and physically!
A local pastor wants to talk about a church he is starting in nearby Ocala – this is the second time he has asked me to talk with him about playing a role in its startup and development – I won’t lie, I’m flattered.
Excited about the growth of our community group – six new attendees in the past four weeks!
My wife is amazing – she has not let up in her massage therapy business – despite the travelling we do each week! It could grow if we were in town more!
FSU men’s basketball has been fun to watch this year – ESPN quote: FSU has made Tobacco Road its own personal driveway!
This sunset on St. Joe Bay in the Florida panhandle is one of our favorites:
Random thoughts about life today – some of these could be blog entries, but I don’t have the time right now!
We have received an offer to buy our house! This is good but the downside is I don’t really know where we will live when we sell it! We have options – which is always a great thing! In fact another set of friends told us this week we could move in with them for a while if we need to/want to/need a change of scenery! Now if I could only secure that “job”!
Christ followers are not the same as “Christians”. This explanation will take a long time so I won’t write here but will leave the thought out there that one requires ongoing action while the other somehow has only implied an action.
My wife is amazing! She has continually worked while being less than 100% since January 2, 2012! Her massage therapy business can be hard on her physically but she has been determined to work through this. I am lucky she chose me!
We had two neat desserts this week! Cyndi made individual apple cobblers one night that were amazing! Last night we had fresh strawberries with whipped cream on fresh cake! Again, I am one lucky man!
Looking for work is not as easy as it seems – even with internet job boards. I would love to find a way to make the job search more meaningful for people and make the search more responsive.
Knowing we won’t be at our next community group meeting has me already feeling a little blue. I really enjoy the opportunity to experience life with our small group! Preparing for that group each weed has been a good outlet for me!
What has been on your mind this week?
Random thoughts today!
1. It’s always good to talk to a friend you haven’t connected with in a while. Talk don’t text, email, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc. – actually talk to them so they can hear your voice and you their voice! I love social media and the opportunities that it opens for us but there is nothing like a person’s voice. Communication is becoming a lost art…..
2. You don’t need a title to lead. If you are waiting on one, you should just move on to following and supporting a leader. Leadership is more about doing that saying!
3. Sunshine can make you feel better. Physically and emotionally. Fortunate to live in Florida where we get a lot of it year round!
Random thoughts from this week:
1. Handwritten notes are still one of the most powerful means of communication, encouragement and persuasion. When is the last time you took the time to hand write a note to someone?
2. Interviews are good for you whether you get the job or not. It’s helpful to hear yourself answer question out loud. It’s good to see the expressions and reactions from the interviewers to your responses.
3. Hands on leaders don’t necessarily get in the way but instead are willing to work alongside you even with physical tasks. A leader should walk the walk and not just talk the talk!
4. People really do watch what you do and remember how you handle those uncomfortable situations in life. Be remembered for good not bad.
5. I can’t wait for the Florida Primary Tuesday because I am sick of political advertisements already.
6. Sometimes people want you to move out of their lives because you make them uncomfortable. Your life constantly reminds them of what they know is truth – and they are not willing to embrace the truth yet!
7. We all need to start living these great sayings we write on twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. The world would be a lot better place!
8. I really keep thinking about Lawton Chiles quote: “The old he coon walks just before the light of day.”
Hope your Friday is going to be as great as mine!