A few Monday thoughts:
1. Sundays are one of my favorite days now. I get to meet dozens of new people each week and introduce them to opportunities or next steps in their journey!
2. Unfortunately most times I don’t remember all of the people I meet each week!
3. Had a great conversation with a bank officer today about how God is in control of every detail in our lives. This same person showed incredible generosity to Cyndi and I three years ago when I lost my job. Details matter.
4. I miss leading and participating in community groups each week. Relationships are nurtured in community.
5. Despite a lot of current chatter on social media, people don’t want to be dependent on public assistance of most any kind. I work with dozens if not hundreds of people who want to work but can’t because there aren’t enough jobs their skill sets match.
6. Christmas on the Moon is one of my favorite services each year. We move our Christmas church service to The Moon – a local nightclub in Tallahassee. People who don’t want to go to a “church” will go to a nightclub! Why not share Jesus with them?
7. I wonder if anyone is actually persuaded to vote for a candidate because of a yard sign or a television commercial? I bet not.
8. I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
9. My wife is my biggest supporter and encourager. I’m more than lucky she agreed to be my wife more than 30 years ago!
10. Divine opportunities are often overlooked. Mainly because we become self focused on don’t really look outside our own little worlds.