Cyndi and I are headed to Mexico Beach, Florida tomorrow afternoon. This view is what we’re hoping our evenings will be like for a few days!
Some random thoughts:
1. We’ve been walking for 12 straight days! Three miles in the morning and three miles in the evening! Great time to spend with my wife!
2. I calculated this week that we have spent about 25 days (24 hour days) commuting from Inverness to Tallahassee the past 18 months. Knowing that this was what God intended for us in this season of life has helped with the fatigue and stress that creeps in. Knowing He has a plan for our future keeps us going! Waiting for Him to reveal that plan!
3. Leadership is/can be hard. If it was easy, everyone would be a leader. Leaders who won’t do the hard things really aren’t leaders.
4. Laughter is good! We celebrated our end of semester community group this week with a “cook out”. Great food and so much laughter with some of our best friends. I can’t remember when I have laughed so hard or so loud!
5. Good friends are valuable. If you have a good friendship, work to keep it. If you don’t have a good friend, work to find one.